That Protect You
- Chemical and Product Manufacturing
- Healthcare Institutions
- Nursing Homes for Medical Malpractice
As a West Virginia defense litigator, I have tried more than 50 jury trials to verdict for clients in a variety of industries, including chemical and product manufacturing, timber, and health care institutions and nursing homes for medical malpractice.
I have represented a national mining equipment manufacturer against claims including miner silicosis and also defended third party claims filed by a manufacturer of respirators in claims filed by black lung victims for the alleged defect in respirators worn by underground coal miners.
I am national, regional and local counsel for clients named in asbestos litigation and I am familiar with the pattern and practice of asbestos litigation in West Virginia and nationally.
I have also represented clients regional and local counsel for clients named in benzene litigation.
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- J.D. - 1980
- W.V. Weslyan College, Buckhannon, West Virginia
- B.S. - 1977
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Government
- West Virginia, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1982
- West Virginia State Bar, Member, 1980 to Present
- Induction furnace manufacturer
- Coal mining equipment manufacturer
- Paint manufacturer
- Steptoe & Johnson PLLC, Of Counsel, 1980 to 2021