That Protect You
- Product Liability & Toxic Tort 50%
- Insurance defense 20%
- Premises Liability 20%
- Construction accidents 10%
John is a Director with the firm. He has been litigating asbestos matters since 1980. John joined the firm in 2009 after spending decades as a partner with Mylotte, David & Fitzpatrick. He has tried well over 100 cases to verdict. He focuses his trial practice in defending serious personal injury cases, particularly in the areas of product liability, premises liability, construction site/ industrial accidents, toxic tort/environmental contamination, medical malpractice and motor vehicle/ insurance litigation.
He is also a member of our firm’s asbestos defense litigation team. In the 1980’s, John’s firm was local and regional counsel for Pittsburgh Corning Corporation for its 4,200 asbestos cases filed in the Philadelphia region which he administered, mediated and tried. He has successfully defended cases in State and Federal courts in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, some of which involved escalators, elevators, scaffolding, construction hoists, loading dock lifts, forklifts and automated machinery used in corrugated paper plants and drywall plants.
He has successfully argued before all the appellate courts in Pennsylvania, including the Supreme Court, New Jersey Superior Court Appellate Division, and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals. John has received an AV rating by Martindale Hubbell.
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1974
- St Joseph's University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1971
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Economics
- Pennsylvania, 1974
- New Jersey, 1989
- Maryland, 1985
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Worker's Compensation Claims Association, Member
- Former Board Member, St. Joseph's University Law Alumni
- Member, National Council of Self-Insureds