In addition to toxic tort experience, she has experience defending deliberate intent cases. She also handles cases in products liability, personal injury and workers compensation. She has represented premise owners, manufacturers and Fortune 500 companies in may industries, including the chemical industry, manufacturer of plastics and synthetic fibers, and manufacturers and suppliers of asbestos-containing products.
Ms. Goodykoontz was previously a member of a regional law firm where her practice focused on mass tort litigation, toxix torts, and products liability. She also worked as the law clerk for the bankruptcy judge in the Southern District of West Virginia, and served as an Assistant Attorney General representing state agencies including the state colleges and universities handling employee grievances and administrative hearings as well as the West Virginia Division Labor in grievances and enforcment actions.
Beth received a B.A. in English from Indiana University in 1988 where she served as a member of the Opinion Board for the Indiana Daily Student, and she received her M.A. in English from West Virginia University in 1995 and worked two years as a graduate assistant while completing her master's courses. She earned her Juris Doctorate from West Virginia University in 1995 and served as Editor of the On Point publication. She is admitted to practice in West Virginia and before the Northern and Southern District Courts of W.Va.
Beth is secretary of the West Virginia Womens Attorneys and was a member of its formation committee. She is also a member of Defense Research Institute. She server on the Local School Improvement Council for Holz Elementary from 2009 to 2011 and served as an officer of the Parent Teacher Organization prior to her work with the LSIC.
Areas of Practice
- Asbestos Litigation 90%
- Premises Liability 5%
- Insurance Defense 5%
- West Virginia, 1995
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
- West Virginia University
- M.A. - 1995
- Major: English
Past Employment Positions
- Steptoe & Johnson PLLC, Of Counsel, 2017 to 2021
- Robinson & McElwee, Member & Of Counsel, 2005 to 2017
- West Virgiinia Women's Attorneys, Secretary, 2019 to Present
- West Virginia Women's Attorneys Formation Committe
- Defense Research Institute, Present
- Member, Local School Improvement Council, Secretary, 2009 to 2011
- Parent Teacher Association, 2007 to 2009
- Read Aloud Volunteer, Holz Elementary, 2004
- Local School Improvement Council Member, Holz Elementary School, 2009
- Chairperson, Local School Improvement Council, Holz Elementary School, 2010 to 2011
- Secretary, Local School Improvement Council, Holz Elementary School, 2009 to 2010
- Secretary, PTO, Holz Elementary School, 2008 to 2009
- BV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell